side splits day 3 upper lower

So, another day stretching went by quickly. Back bend feels great afters straps and assisted stretches. Side splits are obviously not going to be great, as it’s been 20 years since I could do them. Very tight on the inside of the knees, so I’m careful not to push my luck going too far. I’ll try and post something everyday, …

Backbend Update

I feel like maybe my backbend has gotten taller! This was after a lot of warm-up, though (a few hours of pole + an active flexibility stretch session)

day 1 – front splits

Decided, as a stiff man I want to join the challenge over the next 100 days. Unfortunately no pics until tomorrow, but I did just over an hour and ended with front split routine. Noticed the half lotus is tough for me, but in a doorway I got into a comfortable position and didn’t do bad on pigeon. With straight …

Some Backbend Progress

This picture was taken after a warm-up and a combination of static and dynamic stretching

Before Pictures

Split on Good Side 100 day goal: flat split on good side and bad side Long-term goal: oversplits Back-bend  100 day goal: arms straight down under head Long-term goal: hands closer to ankles, success with back-bend variations Closed Scorpio on Silks 100 day goal: foot to head (on both sides) Long-term goal: foot past head

Stretching Tools

Stretching Tools

Stretching tools are a great addition to your routine for more leverage and support. From yoga blocks to doorways, I tried to think of everything I have used for more leverage. I’m sure there’s more, but there’s plenty here to start with. A lot of random things can be used for stretching, so keep your eye for potential stretching tools! Let’s work …

Breathing, Form, & Posture

Never underestimate the power of intentional breath and posture. Oxygen is fuel for the muscles. The more oxygen brought to your muscles, the less fatigued they become and the greater your chances of gaining flexibility. Oxygen is not only fuel for our muscles, but for our brains. Mind power is essential for muscle control, balance, coordination, and cyclic thoughts on proper …

Flexible Strength

You want flexibility? You’re gunna need strength and muscle awareness to get you there safely! When we think about splits, we normally don’t think about which muscles need to be engaged and which relaxed, how the legs need to rotate or extend, or the amount of weight that is placed on wrists. We just think about pushing down further; but please don’t …