Soooo……….

Didnt stretch much at home last week. Maybe twice in total. Majority of stretching was done in class so not many pics were taken. Apologies for the weird stickers etc but im looking rather crappy in these pics and also have some butt showing so had to get creative lol. I thought i also took a pic of my middles …

DAY 2: 4 hours stretching + my stretching plan

Today I stretched a lot! My stretching plan is either too long or I’m taking too much time in certain areas. After rehearsal/class, I did my dynamic stretches and almost all my lower body stretches for 2.5 hours. After teaching, later in the afternoon, I did 1.5 hours finishing lower body and doing all upper body stretches. I ended with …

The Baseline

So I did something wonky to my ankle, which means a two day break from ballet classes and time to take pictures!  This is my starting point re: the challenge when it comes to my back.  I’m also working on strength because the purpose of the backbend for me is mostly linked to arabesques, and mine is really only at …

Day 1: 1.5 hours + Starting Lower Body Flexibility

Yesterday was my first day committed to stretching. Ive committed to stretching 2-3 hours per day with 1 day off in the week. Yesterday, I did 1.5 hours of stretching. I have a stretching plan and realized going through it that it is extremely long. I did a brief version of all lower body stretches, not including back or shoulder …

Disappointed ?

So having just finished stretching at home, I realise once again that I am nowhere as far as I usually am in class. Not gonna lie, I feel like saying “well just stretch in class only” but that’s a cop out as I want to stretch as part of my morning routine. Im hoping this will maake me a morning …

So far, so good

Sooo I have stretched Monday to Thursday this week. Whether it’s in a class or at home it’s been done. I stretched 3 times at home which im proud of. One session was only 20 mins for my middles but I reached the same place I usually do after stretching for an hour! Strange!! Anyhow, I used to do middles …

Slow start

Soooo these pics are from Thursday 8 Oct. Didnt stretch at home until today!! I’ve realised that I perform better in class. Today I just about touched the floor on my right side which is my good side. Maybe coz I tired myself out with my butt workout!! Plus I take sooooo long to stretch at home taking endless breaks. …

Lazy girl

Didn’t stretch today. In my defence i am slightly sore from yesterday and i took 2 pole and a conditioning class today but that’s no excuse. I should have stretched in the morning but i went to sleep at 7am and woke at 10am to rush out of the house. New plan: Get to bed at a decent time. I’m …

First pics.

So I am counting today (Monday 5 Oct) as my first day. These base pics were taken after 20 min warm up only. I can usually get just about flat in left splits and 3 block oversplit on my right. My aim is to have a 2 block back leg oversplit on the right split and a 2 front, 1 …