Weekly Progress – What’s going on?

• April 9, 2015 at 6:02 pm #837

I want to open up a discussion about how you all are doing throughout the weeks.

We can also discuss what we are doing to rest, what we’re eating, and anything else you want to share about your journey.

April 9, 2015 at 8:14 pm #838

By now you have probably realized this isn’t an easy stretching routine. This routine is meant to challenge you in both strength and flexibility. You probably feel as though you did a hardcore workout and that’s a good thing. However if you feel any pain that isn’t that “hurt so good” feeling, you’ll want to ease up.

I want to know, what have you all been doing to rest and recover?

After my contortion class on day 4 I felt a little twinge in my right hip flexor. I had to sleep an extra 4 hours with lots of liquids to recover from my hip flexor tightness. Sleep is always my number one go to method for recovery, as well as ice, peppermint essential oil and herbal tea blends specifically for soothing the nervous system.

My favorite herbs for what I call my flexibility tea blend is, holy basil, St. john’s wort, milky oats, chamomile and valerian.

I’m using my acupressure spoonk mat, lacrosse balls and lucky me I have also been getting massages from my friend and roommate, who is studying to be a massage therapist.

I’m trying not to eat foods that are hard for me to digest because digestion will takeover energy needed for muscle repair during sleep. I ‘m eating a lot of super foods, high in nutrients and calorie dense raw foods.

On my off days I have still been lightly stretching and using my full range of motion, especially my shoulders, I’ll just do huge arm circles, whenever I feel a little stiff.

I’m looking forward to hearing what has worked for you, and if you have any questions feel free to ask them!

April 12, 2015 at 3:02 pm #931
    Participant

Today I finally was able to get in a significant amount of stretching and take some progress pictures. I did both upper and lower body stretches. I had major progress with the splits and actually quite a bit with the needles as well, but in a different way (focused more on my back bending enough to allow me to catch my right foot with both hands).

I also had a massage on Friday and had them focus on my IT bands, quads, and hams, this probably contributed to my split success today.

I really need to focus on shoulder mobility and flexibility. That will be some of my alternate goals.

April 14, 2015 at 9:42 pm #957
    Participant

For repair and rest I’ve been drinking a whole lot of water (as usual) and eating a ton of protein. I drink a myriad of teas as well! But most importantly, for me anyway, is that tomorrow I have an acupuncturist appointment with my doctor who also treats with Traditional Chinese Medicine, cranio sacral therapy, food healing, and herb healing! And I’ll be switching my chiropractor to a more holistic one soon, too!

April 18, 2015 at 3:52 pm #974

What exactly is cranial sacral therapy? I’m intrigued.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.