Day???

I’m not  sure what day I’m on lol.  So I’ve been having bendy back dreams  and I have decided to make it happen.  I am devoted more time to back bending.  These will be the before pictures.  By the end of the summer,  I want a solid  cocoon.

Still Going

I haven’t posted in a while but have been working on my flexibility several times a week. Am definitely seeing progress!

Hello Y’all

Hi there community! I thought it was a good idea introducing myself before i actively begin the challenge. My name is Maria and i recently discovered my hidden love for yoga and pole dancing; which had me going back and thinking consciously how my body moves and how does it react to the stress and chances I put it through. …

Quads Progress – Week 5

Week 5 was equal parts strength and flexibility. I did a lot of gymnastics and pole dancing to support my flexibility training and to keep everything in balance. I have had to take it easy on all splits because my hip flexors are not feeling 100% when in splits. I am targeting my quads and hamstrings instead, which I can …

Gravity assist

Just working on my middle splits in class with Amanda on Tuesday. I should have gotten pictures of the actual middle split, I got my legs to the floor on Tuesday.

Days 22-28 – Shoulder Progress!!

Week 4 was focused towards shoulders and hip flexors again. It was also a week focused on rest and recovery. When I say rest, I just mean no heavy contortion stretching. When I say recovery, I mean giving your body the vitamins and nutrients it needs through fresh whole foods, drinking tons of water and letting my muscles repair themselves. …

It’s late … and I can’t think of any flexibility puns right now…

Slowly but surely making some progress. I got the forearm backbend! Something just clicked and I got it … I also found an easier way to get into it without upsetting my lower back. Upper back and shoulders feel good. Focused on stretching my over-straddle to get my pancake – made a huge difference but my belly isn’t …

Avoiding Injury

Week 3 I didn’t see too much progress, just maintained my gains from previous weeks. One day you could have something and then the next you could just as easily be worse. It all depends on the conditions. You have to be comfortable, relax and breath into poses or else it doesn’t work. I was not comfortable pushing my hip …